This is the first blog I've ever written, so to those few who are reading, bear in mind I don't know the tricks of the trade to be an expert "bloggeur". However, I am aware that this is about me telling of my immediate past exploits and what I have to look forward to in the future. In my immediate future, Denmark. In the immediate past, home. Let us remember the moments already lived.
It's been three weeks, and can I say, not exciting. Home life holds the prospect of no work, but unfortunately, that wasn't the case for me due to my long sabbatical in Europe. You can get that sweet home cooking, which, I'm sorry to say Gettysburg Servo and Bullet Hole, is unquestionably better. Seeing the family, depending on your family state, is fantastic, especially mine, because without me, they get pretty bored. Finally, you get to see all those friends from home you left behind when you went on to bigger and better things and they were stuck working at their parents' office filing tax returns or going to community college with that slightly mentally-challenged fellow who isn't allowed outside his yard without parental supervision who happens to live up the street. In my case, that holds no weight because all my "friends" like that lost my number, but hey, I managed to survive this long without em, so screw it.
Needless to say, I did not do much this break. I saw more of my family during Christmas time than I thought I would, and I sat home drinking during my initiation of '09, (the best part was watching a dude jump onto a building in Vegas and then jump off while breaking his hand. He had the case of the twitches afterward). Everything else was bland, except for the Steelers playoff victory which I hope will lead to an eventual berth in Super Bowl XLIII (f*** Ravens fans and everyone in contact with them). I will miss the Championship game, I think, but I throw all the positive karma I can out to Heinz field on Sunday at 6:30 pm (12:30 am Danish time).
The packing is going not so swimmingly for my departure on Friday, but it never does, cause I'm a teenager, and we loathe packing. Anyway, Denmark holds a land of wonderment, and illegal contraband as my mom's work friends put it. Excitement courses through my veins when I think about going to Europe and being able to live out a fantasy of travelling and seeing all those sites that have been designated as "must-sees". I think about all that, and then my mind wanders to that one special person I happen to be leaving behind, along with my fraternity brothers who have meant everything to me this semester and probably beyond that. It happens to be horrible timing, but as a proponent of fate and destiny, I can only assume that this happened for a reason. I plan on getting stronger and helping these relationships i craft over there and have crafted here in the US grow and develop to a degree that makes me never doubt those people I share time and feelings with. To that special person, you mean the world to me, and I cannot wait to continue that journey with you together, because together, I don't think anything can penetrate that bond.
I leave you, for this week anyway, with a thought; Pennsylvania Super Bowl is an all-out possibility. The last time that happened was in 1994, with the San Francisco 49ers and San Diego Chargers, and who did the Chargers beat in the AFC title game that year to make that Super Bowl, the Steelers. I give it a decent chance, but do not fret Penn football fans if your dream doesn't come true. I know that is the dream scenario left for the NFL, but dreams crash and die, so I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't come true. Finally, I end with a quote by Earl Nightingale, (no relation, I think, with my friend Kira), "Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude toward us". We have to make the best out of what we have, and show the best face we can when things turn unexpectedly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment